Declaring a Major
Students in the Mendoza College of Business will declare a major in the spring of their sophomore year, based on their experience in the business principles courses. Students may declare one of the following majors:
Sophomores will make their initial declaration using the Major Declaration Form available on the MCOB UG tab on insideND during the declaration window which typically runs the month of February. In the event that any major is selected beyond its capacity, the major algorithm detailed below will be used. After this initial declaration opportunity, sophomores and all Mendoza College of Business juniors and seniors must see an advisor in 101 Mendoza to request a change of their business major .
Non-business majors in their sophomore, junior or senior years, who are in good academic standing at Notre Dame and who request transfer to the Mendoza College of Business, will be required to meet with an advisor in 101 Mendoza to complete a plan of study and the change of college paperwork.
MAJOR Algorithm (Unofficial).
- Total Credit Hours on Transcript completed or in progress - 61 or more hours will score the maximum 200 points
- CUM GPA - 4.000 will score the maximum 250 points
- Total Number of MCoB Sophomore Business Course Credit Hours completed or in progress -28 hours will score the maximum 250 points
- Calculus I Grade - 4.000 will score the maximum 100 points, if AP credit substitute CUM GPA
- SAT or ACT - SAT of 1600 will score the maximum 200 points, if no SAT or ACT substitute CUM GPA
- Total Score (maximum score 1000)
major selection process
|Students who score 925 or higher will be given priority in the major selection process.