Courses for Non-Business Students
Opportunities for Non-Business Students
Junior- and senior-level students who are not enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business frequently express interest in registering for business fundamentals courses. To honor those requests, we have reserved seats in each of the eight business fundamentals courses to supplement your college academic pursuits.
Each of the fundamentals courses – Accountancy I, Accountancy II, Corporate Financial Management, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Business Statistics, IT Management Applications, and Business Law – now has an accompanying equivalent course titled “BAUG”. These courses are open to any non-business Notre Dame junior or senior during your registration period, without college or department restriction (normal prerequisites do apply).
Although the course code is different, each BAUG course carries the same title as the accompanying business fundamentals course. All sections of fundamentals courses have an accompanying BAUG section. The table below illustrates this information.
- BAUG 20001/Accountancy I (ACCT 20100)
- BAUG 20002/Accountancy II* (ACCT 20200)
- BAUG 20003/Business Law Contracts & Agency (BALW 20150)
- BAUG 20004/Statistics in Business* (BAMG 20100)
- BAUG 20005/Corporate Financial Management* (FIN 20150)
- BAUG 20006/Principles of Management (MGT 20200)
- BAUG 20007/IT Management Applications (MGT 20600)
- BAUG 20008/Principles of Marketing* (MARK 20100)
*Course prerequisites exist for these classes.
Each of the above fundamentals courses is a regular three-credit course. In addition, we offer two one-credit speakers series:
- BAUG 30209 Boardroom Insights (in fall semesters)
- BAUG 30210 Ten Years Hence (in spring semesters)