The goal of the Department of Marketing is to continue to prepare students to assume productive careers in their chosen fields and to make contributions to their profession and communities. We will do this as we improve communications with external stakeholders, including graduates, employers, and potential resource providers. That will allow us to maintain our leadership position in marketing and society scholarship and continue to contribute to the mission of the College of Business and the University.
MAJOR COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Marketing Management (MARK) - 18 credits
All courses require MARK 20100
|Consumer & Organizational Buyer Behavior
||MARK 30100 and MARK 30120
||Spring of senior year only
|3 MARK elective courses
||3xxxxx or 4xxxxx level
In addition to the requirements listed above, business students must complete 26-29 credit hours in non-business and free elective courses:
- NON-BA Electives: a minimum of 18 credit hours of courses not listed with the College of Business
- Free Electives: Depending on major, a minimum of 8-11 credit hours from either business or non-business classes
- A minimum of 18 of the total elective credits must be filled with standard 3-credit courses. The remaining elective credits may be filled with AP credit, Credit by Exam, or 1-, 1.5-, and 2-credit courses. These may include activity or experiential courses. Activity courses include one credit hour music courses such as lessons, band, ensembles, choirs, etc. Experiential courses include Center for Social Concerns Seminars such as Appalachia or Urban Plunge. Students may NOT combine three of these credits to fulfill a College or University requirement.
- More Marketing Curriculum Information
- Undergraduate Marketing Courses
- Marketing Department