Executive Student Experience
A smaller program size and a common purpose yield a tightly knit community of learners. Students know each other by name. Collaboration naturally flourishes. And lifelong friendships are born. Academics. Tradition. Culture. Social and spiritual life. All that and more are part of executive student life at Notre Dame.
When Executive MBA students first enter the program, they are assigned to a small group study team. This team consists of individuals from different industries and backgrounds. The team approach creates a collaborative learning environment and enables students to leverage their varying skill sets for maximum success through the program. The team must work to invite the perspective of all members, establish team leaders for various projects, set the ground rules for team interactions and establish the norms for managing deadlines. Performance in the program is determined by team successes on projects as well as individual performances on exams and other classroom deliverables.
Outside the classroom, students also have the opportunity to enjoy the enormous opportunities available on campus. Students visiting during weeklong immersions or who are close to campus will find:
- The Notre Dame campus is considered one of the most beautiful in the country.
- Notre Dame's Basilica of the Sacred Heart is designated a national monument.
- The Snite Museum of Art houses one of the finest university art collections in the United States.
- The DeBartolo Center for the Performing Arts, a state-of-the-art facility that opened in 2004, is dedicated to supporting students with interests in the performing arts and is home to regional, national and international presentations.
- No school does Football Saturdays like Notre Dame, and the Notre Dame MBA Tailgate Party is a great opportunity to mix with alumni and professors in a fairly casual setting.
- Notre Dame has outstanding athletic facilities for students and spouses.