Richard Notebaert, the chief executive officer credited with turning around the once-troubled Qwest Communications, will be the first speaker of the Boardroom Insights lecture series hosted by the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame.
The annual fall series of six lectures will take place from Aug. 31 to Nov. 9 on selected Fridays at 10:40 a.m. in Mendoza’s Jordan Auditorium. Boardroom Insights features corporate leaders and senior executives sharing their perspectives on a broad range of critical issues in today’s business world.
The Boardroom Insights schedule is as follows:
- Aug. 31: Richard C. Notebaert, former chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Qwest Communications and chair of Notre Dame’s Board of Trustees
- Sept. 21: Ted Dosch, chief financial officer of Whirlpool Corp.
- Oct. 12: Nick Shepherd, chief operating officer of Blockbuster Inc.
- Oct. 19: Sam Duncan, CEO of OfficeMax
- Nov. 2: Brenda Barnes, chair and CEO of Sara Lee Corp.
- Nov. 9: Paul Orfalea, founder and former CEO of Kinko’s
The lectures will be followed by a question-and-answer period, and they are free and open to the public.
More information is available on the Boardroom Insights Web site.