These difficult economic times require deep conversations about how we arrived at this point and where we go from here. Our priority is to educate leaders who will ask more of business and ask more of themselves — to develop a mindset that includes acting with integrity with a view toward the greater good, in order to build excellent business performance. An essential element to our approach is to invite top business leaders to the Mendoza College to talk with students about our collective future and current trends in key industries. We are proud to announce the following leaders will be coming to Notre Dame to present to our MBA students this fall as part of three speaking events.
During the Boardroom Insights Lecture Series, leaders speak to a spectrum of business concerns from their own experiences in order to expose students to the opportunities and challenges inherent in today's global business environment. Through this series, our MBA students will hear the perspectives of:
- Daniel Hesse, CEO, Sprint Nextel
- Gregg Steinhafel, CEO, Target Corp.
- Daniel Jorndt, former CEO, Walgreen Co.
- Michael Holston, vice president, Hewlett-Packard
- Pat Ward, vice president and chief financial officer, Cummins Inc.
- Kathy DiGorno, vice president, Medtronic Co.
MBA CAREER DEVELOPMENT UPCOMING EVENTS
Through MBA Career Development's upcoming fall events, our students have an opportunity to hear from guest speakers and panelists about specific industries of interest. Events and speakers include:
- Jeff Immelt, Chairman and CEO, and Keith Sherin, CFO and vice chairman, General Electric Corporation, will broadcast "GE Live" in real time to other b-schools across the country from the Mendoza College of Business
- Jim Kavanaugh, vice president and controller, IBM
- William Bastedo, partner and vice president, Booz Allen Hamilton
- John Barrett, chairman, president and CEO, Western & Southern Financial Group
- Bob Schleckser, assistant treasurer, ExxonMobil Corporation
- Paul Purcell, president and CEO, Robert W. Baird & Co., Inc.
- Larry Venturelli, vice president and CFO, Whirlpool Corporation
- Rebecca Martin, management quality coordinator, Catholic Relief Services (Martin is the senior finance manager for CRS in Afghanistan and is responsible for approximately $10M in aid distributed annually)
BERGES LECTURE SERIES
The Berges Lecture Series is presented each fall by the Center for Ethics and Religious Values in Business and the Institute for Ethical Business Worldwide. The series features senior executives speaking about the ethical dimensions of business.
For more information on Boardroom Insights and Berges lectures, which are open to the public, please visit Speakers and Conferences Calendar.
- Neville Isdell, chairman, the Coca-Cola Company
- John E. Rooney, CEO, U.S. Cellular
- John Russell, partner, Relative Value Partners and former Salomon Brothers executive
- Barbara Porter, vice president of business development and sales, Nicor National
- David Langstaff, former CEO of Veridian Corporation