The M.S. in Accountancy program welcomes qualified applicants who possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants should have at least a major in business with the required accounting courses. Students lacking a sufficient business and/or accounting background may need to complete additional coursework to enroll in the M.S. in Accountancy program. Candidates may apply to the M.S. in Accountancy program at the completion of their junior year in college. Personal interviews will not be scheduled until a completed application is on file.
The Admissions Committee seeks to admit motivated applicants with superior intellectual ability, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the potential for a successful career as a professional accountant. The Admissions Committee evaluates applicants based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate academic record including:
- GMAT score GMAT code is XM72D73
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Course descriptions from accountancy and business coursework
- Proficiency in the English language** TOEFL or IELTS code, if required.
- Personal statement*
- Professional, community and extracurricular activities
- Personal interview (if requested by the Admissions Committee)
- Two letters of recommendation
* Applicants to the M.S. in Accountancy program must submit a personal statement which details the applicant’s personal characteristics which will enrich the University of Notre Dame. Your personal statement should be typed, a maximum of two pages, and double spaced. Please put your name at the top of each page. The personal statement should include as many of the following components as apply:
**TOEFL® or IELTS® :
All non-U. S. citizen applicants (and U.S. citizen applicants , who have lived/studied extensively in other countries) must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL®) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS®) . The (TOEFL® or IELTS®) may be waived for applicants who have completed a minimum of six full-time semesters or nine full-time quarters in a U.S. university or for applicants who have completed at least six full-time semesters or nine full-time quarters from an approved university. Applicants seeking approval must submit(1)official documentation from the Registrar's office of their undergraduate institution showing that
the primary method of instruction was English and (2) receive M.S. in Accountancy Admission Committee consent.
For more information on TOEFL® , please call 609-771-7100 Skype: 609-771-7100 or email ETS at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule your TOEFL® , you may visit www.ets.org/toefl/ . Please arrange for your TOEFL scores to be reported directly to Notre Dame (2456).
For more information on IELTS ® ,please visit http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx
Each candidate is responsible for having his or her official GMAT® , TOEFL®, or IELTS® scores sent to the MSA Admissions Office under separate cover. It is extremely important for the test scores to arrive in a timely manner.