The M.S. in Accountancy program welcomes qualified applicants who possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants should have at least a major in business with the required accounting courses. Students lacking a sufficient business and/or accounting background may need to complete additional coursework to enroll in the M.S. in Accountancy program. Candidates may apply to the M.S. in Accountancy program at the completion of their junior year in college. Personal interviews will not be scheduled until a completed application is on file.
The Admissions Committee seeks to admit motivated applicants with superior intellectual ability, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the potential for a successful career as a professional accountant. The Admissions Committee evaluates applicants based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate academic record including:
- GMAT score GMAT code is XM72D73
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Course descriptions from accountancy and business coursework
- Proficiency in the English language** TOEFL code, if required, (sent by ETS) is 2456.
- Personal statement*
- Professional, community and extracurricular activities
- Personal interview (if requested by the Admissions Committee)
- Two letters of recommendation
* Applicants to the M.S. in Accountancy program must submit a personal statement which details the applicant’s personal characteristics which will enrich the University of Notre Dame. Your personal statement should be typed, a maximum of two pages, and double spaced. Please put your name at the top of each page. The personal statement should include as many of the following components as apply:
** TOEFL :
All non-U.S. citizen applicants (and U.S. citizen applicants, who have lived/studied extensively in other countries) must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL®). The (TOEFL®) may be waived for applicants who have completed a minimum of six full-time semesters or nine full-time quarters in a U.S. university or for applicants who have completed at least six full-time semesters or nine full-time quarters from an approved university. Applicants seeking approval must submit (1) official documentation from the Registrar’s office of their undergraduate institution showing that the primary method of instruction was English and (2) receive M.S. in Accountancy Admission Committee consent.
Please arrange for your TOEFL® scores to be reported to University of Notre code number 2456. For more information, please call 609-771-7100 or e-mail ETS at ETSinfor@ets.org. To schedule your TOEFL®, you may visit www.ets.org/toefl/. Each candidate is responsible for having his or her official GMAT® and TOEFL® scores sent to the MSA Admissions Office under separate cover.