admissions & financial aid
Applications to the Notre Dame Mast of Science in Business are still being accepted. Apply now!
Enter code IrishMSB on the application and we'll waive the fee!
General Application Requirements
Applications for the Notre Dame MSB program must contain each of the following elements. Visit the Apply page for more information about each.
- Official test score report (GMAT or GRE). Unofficial copies will be accepted for evaluation, however official copies are required prior to matriculation if admitted.
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate or graduate education (unofficial copies will be accepted for evaluation, however official copies are required prior to matriculation if admitted)
- Two (2) recommendations
- One (1) essay
- One (1) slide presentation
- Official TOEFL, PTE, IELTS Academic score report (international students only).
NOTE: Only complete applications will be considered for admission to the Notre Dame MSB program. Applications will not be considered for admission unless they include all of the above requirements.
Learn more about the general application requirements for the Notre Dame MSB program.
The Notre Dame MSB Admissions Committee evaluates applications along two general dimensions: academic aptitude and leadership and consideration of others.
Academic aptitude is essential at all top-tier business programs, and it is especially vital in an accelerated program where course work is completed in months, not years. The aggressive pace means students are asked to manage many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously, while also integrating new concepts and implementing lessons learned.
Indicators of academic aptitude include, but are not limited to, the following application components:
- GMAT and/or GRE test scores
- Cumulative undergraduate and/or graduate GPA
- Transcript evaluation (e.g. linear trend, performance in specific courses, course selection)
- Non-degree seeking course work
- TOEFL and/or PTE academic scores (if applicable)
Leadership and consideration of others
Rooted in a tradition of excellence, Notre Dame’s graduate business programs are known for producing top business leaders across all careers and industries. As such, we seek to admit students with a propensity toward leadership. When he founded Notre Dame in 1842, Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C., said he wanted the University to “be one of the most powerful means for doing good.” We believe in producing MSB graduates who are faithful to the ideals of community, human development and individual integrity. Learn more about how we are asking more of business.
Notre Dame aspires to produce MSB graduates who are not only qualified businesspeople who can drive performance in today's complex business organizations, but also leaders who are rooted in personal integrity. MSB students have a heightened awareness for the impact their business decisions have on other people and on their local communities.
Application components that are considered by the Admissions Committee in the area of leadership and consideration of others include, but are not limited to:
- Interview feedback
- Essays and slide presentation