A smaller class size and a common purpose yield a tightly knit community of learners. Students know each other by name. Collaboration naturally flourishes. And lifelong friendships are born. Academics. Recreation. Culture. Commerce. Social and spiritual life. All that and more are part of student life at Notre Dame.
In addition to the many opportunities you will find right on campus and in the South Bend area, our northern Indiana location is only a 90-minute drive to Chicago – and easy driving distance from a number of other points of interest.
Here are just a few examples of what you will find on campus:
- The Notre Dame campus is considered one of the most beautiful in the country.
- Notre Dame's Basilica of the Sacred Heart is designated a national monument.
- The Snite Museum of Art houses one of the finest university art collections in the United States.
- The DeBartolo Center for the Performing Arts, a state-of-the-art facility that opened in 2004, is dedicated to supporting students with interests in the performing arts and is home to regional, national and international presentations.
- No school does Football Saturdays like Notre Dame, and the Notre Dame Graduate Alumni Tailgate Party is a great opportunity to mix with alumni, professors and recruiters in a fairly casual setting.
- Notre Dame has outstanding athletic facilities for students and spouses.
- Students participate in a wide variety of competitive and non-competitive sports, including racquetball tournaments, all-night soccer matches and Notre Dame's annual Bookstore Basketball tournament, which features more than 600 teams.
- The Center for Social Concerns provides students service opportunities that allow them to engage local partners to form a better understanding of the community’s needs and develop the critical thinking skills necessary to truly impact social change.