Civic Sector Fellows Program
In Partnership with National Human Services Assembly
Emerging leaders in the civic sector who show promise but presently lack the executive skills required to manage a large staff or budget.
To develop the best talent, equipping them with high-vision leadership and the tools to accomplish change. This integrated program is exclusively designed for and focused on human service or civic sector nonprofit organizations.
Program Design and Format:
The National Human Services Assembly (NHSA) and the University of Notre Dame invite nominations of emerging leaders in the nonprofit human services sector to become Civic Sector Leadership Fellows. The cohort of 30 Fellows will participate in an intensive one-week experiential learning program, executive coaching, an ongoing virtual learning community, and a culminating capstone weekend. Program topics will include the following:
- Developing your leadership skills through individualized coaching and feedback
- Learning about the latest issues and trends affecting the human service sector
- Acquiring a 21st century perspective of human service dilemmas, emerging innovations, and on-systems change
- Identifying characteristics of high-performing nonprofits and how to replicate them
- Developing skills and knowledge in preparation for roles as senior leaders
- Establishing a personal work plan designed to deepen knowledge and strengthen key competencies
The capstone weekend is scheduled for February 2010, at which time Fellows will make presentations based on projects completed since their March ’09 intensive program.