Living at Notre Dame
When the studies stop, fun naturally ensues. Notre Dame MSB students have the advantage of living in a smaller community with a number of outdoor activities within reach, and also having Chicago at their doorstep.
THINGS TO DO AROUND NOTRE DAME:
- Take a stroll around the Notre Dame lakes
- Traverse the rushing rapids of the East Race Waterway
- Shop for local produce at the Farmer’s Market
- Visit the Snite Museum of Art on campus, home to one of the finest university art collections in the United States
- Cheer on the Fighting Irish on Football Saturdays
- Mix with alumni, professors and recruiters in a casual setting at the Notre Dame Graduate Alumni Football Tailgate Party
- Attend other Notre Dame athletic events, including games of the nationally recognized soccer, basketball and hockey teams
- Learn the rich history of transportation at the Studebaker National Museum
- Take in a South Bend Silver Hawk’s baseball game
- Attend an event at the Morris Performing Arts Center downtown or the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center on campus
- Participate in a wide variety of competitive and non-competitive sports, including racquetball tournaments, all-night soccer matches and Notre Dame’s annual Bookstore Basketball tournament, which features more than 600 teams.
- Enjoy the Lake Michigan beach communities with quaint shops and breathtaking scenery
- Climb the dunes at Lake Michigan beaches
- Travel to a simpler time by visiting the nearby Amish communities where you can shop for quality, handmade goods
- Join your friends at one of the area’s many great restaurants and pubs
- Indulge in the history of chocolate at the South Bend Chocolate Company’s Chocolate Museum
- Enjoy the great outdoors by hiking and biking at the many state and local parks
- Exercise at one of Notre Dame’s outstanding athletic facilities for students and spouses
AND THEN THERE’S CHICAGO
When you are ready for a big-city break from your studies, Chicago is only 90 minutes west of South Bend.